Top 10 Questions For Your Therapist
Top 10 Questions For Your Therapist:
- What has your academic training been to prepare you to practice as a therapist?
- What specialized training and/or experience have you had in working with the issue I am dealing with?
- What professional associations do you belong to?
- What are your fees? How will my insurance claim be handled? (preferably fees and potential insurance coverage should be discussed on the phone prior to making the first appointment)
- What type of therapy do you do? (mostly talking, role-playing, visualizing, hypnosis, artwork, “body-work”)
- What are your office protocols? (booking appointments, payment for missed appointments, emergencies, and building access after hours, etc…)
- I would like a brief explanation as to what I can expect to happen in my sessions.
- How long will each session last?
- How many sessions will it take to resolve my issue?
- How will my confidentiality be assured?
Susan Lieberman is in private practice in Toronto as a family therapist and public speaker. For more information call (416) 512-6356.