Bed Times! Bed Times! Bed Times!
Bedtimes can be a relaxing and fun time of the day, yet battles can often be frustrating and exhausting. The key to solving bedtime problems is to develop a routine and to stick to it. Here are some helpful hints:
- Set a daily bedtime. Children respond to predictable routines.
- Establish a routine before bedtime, including all the rituals (bathing, brushing teeth, story, drink).
- Discuss the routine with your child so the order becomes established in your child’s mind.
- Avoid taking short cuts. Allow enough time for the full routine.
- Tell your child bedtime is approaching (“Johnnie, you have 10 more minutes until bedtime.”).
- For some children, talking about the day’s events and plans for tomorrow often make ending the day easier.
- Share some quiet time with your child prior to bedtime to help them wind down. Read a story together, or play a quiet game.
- Use a night light, or soft music for reassurance.
- Remember that sleep is essential!! Establishing a consistent bedtime routine will help make life a bit easier…
To book your workshop now, email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-512-6356.