(Involves Both Listening and Talking)
- Purposeful conversation- talking with each other in order to understand what the other means.
- Reflective listening responses which indicate you understand the child’s feelings.
- I-messages…blame-free messages about your positive feelings and about things that bother you.
- A nonjudmental attitude which respects the child.
- Appropriate timing.
- Restricting talk to friendly exchanges as much as possible.
- Avoiding pressure, sarcasm, and ridicule.
- Avoiding labeling.
- Showing your faith and confidence in your child.
To book your workshop now, email Susan at email@example.com or call at 416-512-6356.