Kids Experience Stress Too!
Every day stress is natural and can increase our energy and motivation. Children and adults experience stress in the same way and can learn to manage it well. Chronic stress is a build up of stresses when the child feels vulnerable and unable to cope. Due to their daily hassles, children have “child-sized” everyday stresses.
Signs of Stress:
- recurring headaches or tummy aches
- not feeling well, rapid heart beat
- sadness, panic, anger, frustration, crying
- quieter than usual
- trouble sleeping or relaxing
- eating more often or finding it difficult to eat at all
- not wanting to go to school
- trouble getting along with friends and family
- fear, crying
People Who Can Help:
- School Nurse
- Social Worker
- Family Doctor
To book your workshop now, email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-512-6356.